Marquee Sports Network to air unprecedented live coverage from Cubs Convention
Marquee to carry 15+ hours of live and premiere programming around Cubs Convention, highlighted by Friday night coverage of Opening Ceremony and all Saturday sessions
Network to premiere Wrigley Field documentary on Saturday night, plus additional Convention-related programming beginning Wednesday
For immediate release / January 9, 2023
CHICAGO – Marquee Sports Network is set to air unprecedented, comprehensive live coverage of this weekend’s Cubs Convention, including Friday night’s Opening Ceremony and Off the Mound with Ryan Dempster, and all sessions Saturday with Cubs players, coaches and executives. Cubs Convention coverage presented by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois begins Friday with the Red Carpet Special at 5 PM CT.
The full schedule of Cubs Convention and related programming, as well as additional descriptions and information, is below:
Wednesday, January 11
4:30-5 PM — Cubs 360: Convention Preview (Premiere)
5-5:30 PM — The Reporters: Cubs Beat Writers (Live)
Friday, January 13
5-6 PM — Live from the 2023 Cubs Convention: Red Carpet Special
6-10 PM — Live from the 2023 Cubs Convention
Saturday, January 14
9 AM-5:30 PM — Live from the 2023 Cubs Convention
5:30-6:30 PM — Brick by Brick: The Story of Wrigley Field (Premiere)
6:30-7 PM — Marquee Memorabilia (Premiere)
7-8 PM — Icons of the Ivy: Don Kessinger
9-9:30 PM — Icons of the Ivy: Andre Dawson
LIVE FROM 2023 CUBS CONVENTION:
- Live from the 2023 Cubs Convention: Red Carpet Special (Friday, 5-6 PM): Join Cole Wright, Cliff Floyd, Taylor McGregor and Elise Menaker for live interviews from the red carpet outside the Opening Ceremony ballroom as Cubs players, coaches and alumni arrive for the opening night of Cubs Convention.
- Live from the 2023 Cubs Convention (Friday, 6-10 PM): The Cubs Convention kicks off with the Opening Ceremony, Off the Mound with Ryan Dempster and exclusive interviews with Cubs players, coaches and alumni.
- Live from the 2023 Cubs Convention (Saturday, 9 AM-5:30 PM): Live coverage from Saturday at the Cubs Convention, including all sessions, exclusive interviews and segments from Marquee Sports Network shows including Road to Wrigley, Icons of the Ivy and The Reporters. Visit Cubs.com/Convention for the latest event program.
MARQUEE TALENT INVOLVED IN CUBS CONVENTION:
- Marquee Sports Network hosts and analysts will be involved in hosting sessions throughout the weekend, including Cole Wright, Jon Sciambi, Jim Deshaies, Lance Brozdowski and Elise Menaker.
- Elise Menaker, Lance Brozdowski and Ryan Sweeney will provide hitting instruction at Clark’s Clubhouse Batting Cage on the fourth floor on Saturday, presented by Marquee Sports Network.
WRIGLEY FIELD DOCUMENTARY PREMIERES:
- Brick by Brick: The Story of Wrigley Field (Saturday, 5:30 PM; re-airs at 8 PM): Immediately following Cubs Convention coverage on Saturday, Marquee Sports Network Films presents its newest documentary, an hour-long feature narrated by actor and Cubs fan Bob Odenkirk on the history of the Friendly Confines, complete with interviews with Cubs alumni, ballpark employees and more.
- Fans attending Cubs Convention can view a special pre-screening of the documentary in the Ohio Room at the Sheraton Grand Chicago with screenings on Friday at 3 PM, and Saturday at 11 AM, 2 PM and 4 PM.
CONVENTION PRE-COVERAGE BEGINS WEDNESDAY:
- Cubs 360 (Wednesday, 4:30 PM): Join Cole Wright and Ryan Dempster for a special Cubs Convention preview episode of Cubs 360 presented by Miller Lite, including an interview with Cubs SVP of Marketing Jennifer Martindale to preview all the sessions and events taking place at Cubs Convention.
- The Reporters (Wednesday, 5 PM): Cubs beat writers and media members join The Reporters presented by Miller Lite for a dedicated Cubs-focused episode, including analysis of the Cubs offseason and a preview of the upcoming Cubs season.
ADDITIONAL PROGRAMMING AND DIGITAL CONTENT:
- Marquee Memorabilia (Saturday, 6:30 PM): Cole Wright and Michael Osacky highlight the sights and sounds of the Chicago Sports Spectacular in Rosemont, Illinois, including a mic’d up feature with Cubs manager David Ross as he interacts with fans and former teammates.
- Icons of the Ivy (Saturday, 7 PM and 9 PM): Bob Sirott sits down with Cubs legends in a new series of recently released Icons of the Ivy episodes, presented by Miller Lite. At 7 PM, Don Kessinger sits down with Sirott for an hour-long interview from the campus of Ole Miss University in an interview taped last year. At 9 PM, Sirott interviews Andre “The Hawk” Dawson in a never-before-seen 30-minute special originally taped more than a decade ago.
- Cubs Weekly Podcast: Tony Andracki and Andy Martinez will be in attendance all weekend at Cubs Convention interviewing Cubs players and alumni for upcoming episodes of the Cubs Weekly Podcast presented by Wintrust.
GIVEAWAYS AND TALENT AUTOGRAPHS ON LOBBY LEVEL OF CUBS CONVENTION:
- Meet Marquee Sports Network talent and spin a prize wheel to win exclusive Marquee giveaways at the Marquee Sports Network activation on the lobby level of the Sheraton Grand Chicago. For more information, follow @watchmarquee social handles.
ABOUT MARQUEE SPORTS NETWORK: In partnership with the Chicago Cubs and Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI), Marquee Sports Network brings together one of the most iconic sports franchises in the country with one of the largest television broadcasting companies to deliver unparalleled Cubs coverage, as well as additional local live sporting events, including Chicago Sky games, and original programming. Nominated for 24 Chicago/Midwest Regional Emmy Awards, Marquee Sports Network is available on more than 50 cable providers within the Cubs home television territory, as well as streaming platforms DIRECTV STREAM and fuboTV, and is also available nationally on DirecTV and fuboTV (excludes live game programming). For more information, visit marqueesportsnetwork.com/about.