Remembering Willson Contreras’ top moments as a Chicago Cub
Willson Contreras’ time as a Cub is officially over.
The Cardinals unveiled Contreras as their newest catcher on Friday, signing him to a 5-year deal. Contreras spent 13 years in the Cubs organization, signing as an international free agent out of Venezuela in 2009.
Watch the video above for 10 of the most memorable moments of Contreras’ career as a Cub.
The full list:
- First career home run on first pitch he sees
- Go-ahead single in Game 4 of the 2016 NLDS
- Home run off Clayton Kershaw in Game 6 of the 2016 NLCS
- RBI double in Game 7 of the 2016 World Series
- Two-homer game in the 2017 NLCS
- Home run in the 2018 All-Star Game
- A famous bat flip against the White Sox in 2020
- Catching his first no-hitter, a combined no-no against the Dodgers in 2021
- His 100th career home run, hit in the 2022 season
- Sharing moments with his brother, William, throughout the 2022 season