Marquee Sports Network announces Opening Week coverage and season broadcast plans
Cliff Floyd, Joe Girardi take on expanded roles; new Marquee analyst Dexter Fowler joins a special two-hour edition of Cubs Live! on Opening Day
March 24, 2023
CHICAGO – Marquee Sports Network’s fourth season of Cubs baseball officially kicks off Thursday, March 30 as the Cubs host the Milwaukee Brewers at 1:20 PM CT. Below is information regarding Marquee’s Opening Week broadcast plans as well as broadcast notes for the 2023 season.
SEASON PREVIEW SPECIALS:
- Road to Wrigley: Prospect Preview presented by Prevagen (Monday, after the Cubs game): Marquee’s Lance Brozdowski and MLB.com’s Jim Callis share and debate their updated Cubs top prospect lists entering the 2023 season.
- 2023 Season Preview Special presented by Blue Cross Blue Shield (Wednesday, 6 PM): Marquee analysts and broadcasters look ahead to the 2023 season with an hour-long season preview special.
OPENING DAY LINEUP (THURSDAY):
- Cubs Live! presented by Toyota (11 AM): A special two-hour Opening Day edition of Cubs Live! as Marquee analysts and broadcasters preview the upcoming game and season, and also showcase all the festivities around the ballpark prior to Opening Day, including the pregame introductions live from the field.
- Cubs vs. Brewers (1:20 PM first pitch)
- Cubs Postgame Live! presented by Blue Cross Blue Shield (After the Cubs game)
- Cubs Flicks (After Cubs postgame coverage): The premiere of a new series showcasing never-before and rarely-seen footage of the Chicago Cubs from the late 1920s through the late 1950s, captured by players and fans on 8mm and 16mm film. For more on Cubs Flicks, see the below preview clip featuring footage from the 1938 World Series and click here for more information.
- Jon Sciambi (3rd season) and Jim Deshaies (11th season with Cubs, 4th with Marquee) return as Marquee’s lead game broadcast team, alongside field reporters Taylor McGregor (4th season) and Elise Menaker (4th season).
- Beth Mowins (3rd season) and 2023 Ford C. Frick Award winner Pat Hughes (28th season with Cubs, 3rd season with Marquee), will continue to serve as fill-in play-by-play broadcasters.
- Cole Wright (4th season) returns as host of the Chicago/Midwest Emmy Award-winning Cubs Live! and Cubs Postgame Live!, airing before and after all Marquee Sports Network Cubs broadcasts.
- Chicagoland-native Cliff Floyd and former Cubs catcher Joe Girardi are both taking on expanded roles with Marquee Sports Network after joining the network last season. Floyd will serve as Marquee’s lead studio analyst for Cubs pregame and postgame coverage, while Girardi will expand his role this season as part of Marquee’s game broadcasts after calling two series last year. Both Floyd and Girardi will be a part of Cubs Opening Week coverage.
- Cubs World Series legend Dexter Fowler joined the network as an analyst in February and will be a part of Marquee’s Opening Week coverage, serving as an analyst on Wednesday’s Season Preview Special as well as Cubs pregame and postgame coverage throughout the opening Cubs vs. Brewers series.
- Cubs Hall of Famers Fergie Jenkins and Rick Sutcliffe will join Marquee’s Opening Week coverage. Jenkins and Sutcliffe will also contribute as analysts throughout the season, along with additional former Cubs and media personalities. For a full list of on-air talent, click here.
HOW TO WATCH:
Marquee Sports Network is available on more than 65 cable and streaming providers across portions of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa and Wisconsin. Non-game programming, including Cubs Live! and Cubs Postgame Live! as well as documentaries and more, can be seen nationwide via Marquee’s national distribution partners: DirecTV and Fubo. For a full list of available providers, click here.
WATCH LIKE A HAWK:
Stay tuned throughout the year for a number of “We Get All of It” promotional spots featuring Cubs legends and Marquee broadcasters, produced in partnership with Chicago ad agency, Quality Meats Creative. See below for an initial spot featuring Hall of Famer Andre “The Hawk” Dawson airing now:
ABOUT MARQUEE SPORTS NETWORK: In partnership with the Chicago Cubs and Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI), Marquee Sports Network brings together one of the most iconic sports franchises in the country with one of the largest television broadcasting companies to deliver unparalleled Cubs coverage, as well as additional local sporting events, including Chicago Sky games, and original programming. Nominated for 24 Chicago/Midwest Regional Emmy Awards, Marquee Sports Network is available on more than 65 cable providers within the Cubs home television territory, as well as streaming platforms DIRECTV STREAM and Fubo, and is also available nationally on DirecTV and Fubo (excludes game programming). For more information, visit marqueesportsnetwork.com/about.