Marquee Sports Network named RSN of the Year by Cynopsis Media
Marquee Sports Network also earns awards for Best New Sports Show (Road to Wrigley) and Seasonal Coverage of a Team (Chicago Cubs)
April 19, 2023
CHICAGO – Marquee Sports Network was named RSN of the Year in the 2023 Cynopsis Sports Media Awards announced yesterday, recognizing the network’s live Cubs broadcasts, innovative minor league coverage, original programming and commitment to community initiatives. Marquee also earned awards for Best New Sports Show (Road to Wrigley) and Seasonal Coverage of a Team (Chicago Cubs).
2023 Cynopsis Sports Media Awards
RSN of the Year: Marquee Sports Network
New Sports Show: Road to Wrigley on Marquee Sports Network
Seasonal Coverage (Regional): Chicago Cubs on Marquee Sports Network
“We’re honored to receive these awards recognizing the hard work of our staff across the network,” said Marquee Sports Network General Manager, Mike McCarthy. “Congratulations to everyone at Marquee and thank you to the Chicago Cubs for their continued support.”
Marquee Sports Network was recognized for its achievements over the last year:
- Aired more than 200 live Cubs baseball games in 2022, including 147 regular season games, 39 Cubs minor league games and 17 Cubs spring training games — the most live baseball games dedicated to one organization of any RSN
- Broadcasted more than 13 hours of live Cubs Convention coverage — the most extensive coverage of a team’s offseason fan convention
- Launched a first-of-its-kind minor league whiparound show, Road to Wrigley, featuring live in-game look-ins from across the Cubs minor league system (earned Cynopsis Sports Media Award for New Sports Show)
- Exclusive features with Cubs personnel including on-field mic’d up segments, behind-the-scenes clubhouse and bullpen features and off-the-field stories
- Live coverage of Cubs special events and breaking news, including offseason press conferences with new Cubs signees, Trade Deadline specials, MLB Draft coverage and more
- Announced live coverage partnerships with WNBA’s Chicago Sky and Major League Rugby’s Chicago Hounds
- Raised awareness for numerous social and community causes including ALS awareness (Lou Gehrig Day) and breast cancer research (Susan G. Komen Foundation), plus hosted a Back-to-School drive and more
For the full list of awards, click here.
ABOUT CYNOPSIS MEDIA: Cynopsis Media, a division of Access Intelligence, is the publisher of six free trade publications for the television, media, digital, and sports TV industries. Its flagship edition, Cynopsis, was launched by creator Cynthia Turner, on April 2, 1997 as a simple internal memo created to keep a Sales Team updated and informed.
ABOUT MARQUEE SPORTS NETWORK: In partnership with the Chicago Cubs and Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI), Marquee Sports Network brings together one of the most iconic sports franchises in the country with one of the largest television broadcasting companies to deliver unparalleled Cubs coverage, as well as additional local sporting events, including Chicago Sky games, and original programming. Nominated for 24 Chicago/Midwest Regional Emmy Awards, Marquee Sports Network is available on more than 65 cable providers within the Cubs home television territory, as well as streaming platforms DIRECTV STREAM and Fubo, and is also available nationally on DirecTV and Fubo (excludes game programming). For more information, visit marqueesportsnetwork.com/about.